You Won’t Get Burned With HEAT USA!
With the chill of winter coming closer and closer, it’s a good time to begin thinking about the state of your heating system. More importantly, it’s always a perfect time to think about the safety of your family and your property before you switch on your boiler or furnace! Here are some tips to ensure your loved ones stay safe and warm this Test your smoke alarms, and replace the batteries at least twice a year. For extra security and protection, install carbon monoxide detectors, which should be tested monthly.
• Clear the space around your furnace or boiler; remove anything flammable or combustible such as paint, sheets, cleaning products and clothing.
• Inspect and clean fireplaces, exhaust flues and chimneys. A blockage could prevent harmful gases from being vented outside and create a fire hazard.
• Make sure vents and ducts are clear of dust and debris. If you can’t access the ducts in your home, ask your Oilheat dealer if they offer duct cleaning services.
• Make sure the emergency shut off switch and the circuit breaker both work properly.
• Inspect your oil storage tank and your furnace or boiler for any signs of damage or leaks, such as soot buildup, broken gauges and staining around the joints of visible pipework. These could signal a larger problem, and you should contact your local Oilheat dealer immediately.
Keeping your family safe and warm is a top priority for your local home comfort dealers. HEAT USA can connect you to the right dealer, with access to FREE annual cleanings and tune-ups of your system and 24-hour emergency heating system service. If you’re not a member yet, contact us today and find out how easy it is!