Save Money this Summer with These Energy Conservation Tips!
It’s time to bid farewell to snow boots and winter jackets, and say hello to bathing suits and flip flops! OK, maybe that’s a stretch, but the time to take a dip in the pool will come. When the weather warms up, it’s not only important to stay cool, but also to conserve energy. HEAT USA is offering up some helpful conservation tips that can save you money when it’s warm out:
- Open the Windows – When temperatures are mild, you can forego turning on the air conditioner and instead open the windows to create a breeze and naturally cool your home.
- Use ceiling fans – Per Energy.gov, using ceiling fans to cool your home will enable you to raise your thermostat four degrees, helping you lower your electric bills while staying perfectly comfortable.
- Keep the shades closed during the day – Keeping the shades closed will help you block out the sun and your AC system won’t have to work as hard to keep your home cool.
- Seal ducts – In an average home, up to 30 percent of the air flowing through the ducts is lost to leaks, so sealing them can reduce your electricity bills significantly.
- Set your thermostat higher when you’re not home – Set your thermostat to a higher setting when you’re away from home and you can cut your energy expenses by about 10 percent. Programmable thermostats can be set to do this automatically.
Keep in mind, many HEAT USA dealers offer AC system maintenance and upgrades to help you save even more. If your air conditioner is less than 10 years old, be sure to enroll in a service contract – routine maintenance can cut your energy consumption by up to 15 percent. If it’s a decade old or older, consider upgrading your equipment. You’ll save money through better efficiency and fewer repairs. Contact HEAT USA today.