Save Money this Winter with These Energy Conservation Tips
By now, you know that maintaining your HEAT USA membership can save you up to 15-20 cents per gallon on your heating oil and also earns you a free cleaning and tune-up of your heating system, but we understand that there are still costs that come with maintaining a warm home during the winter.
While your savings with HEAT USA can be great, the money spent on heating oil can still be difficult for some homeowners to manage. That’s why we wanted to help you save additional money this winter by providing some of our favorite energy conservation tips to help reduce your annual heating bills.
Your home comfort comes first at HEAT USA! Please practice these five energy-saving conservation tips to help you save money this winter.
Cold Weather Conservation Tips:
1) Remove Window Air Conditioners: Window air conditioning units are not fully sealed and can allow large cold drafts to enter your home and force your heating system to work harder.
2) Wrap your Pipes and Water Heater: This will help prevent heat loss and keep your pipes from freezing and bursting.
3) Correct Air Leaks: Inspect your doors and windows for gaps and replace cracked or broken weather stripping to help seal your home.
4) Change Ceiling Fan Direction: If you use ceiling fans at home, make sure you change the direction of them to spin in a clockwise direction. This will create an updraft and circulate the warm air.
5) Check Your Insulation: Make sure your ceiling has at least six inches of insulation to properly secure the warm air inside your home.
Since opening in 1985, HEAT USA has learned a thing or two about saving our customers money on their annual heating bills. These simple steps can help you improve comfort at home and reduce your heating expenses.