DIY Heating System Inspection
If you could sum up Oilheat in a word, that word would be reliable. No matter what winter throws your way, you can count on heating oil to keep you and your family warm. As we get ready to embark on another cold winter, now’s the time to check on your heating system to make sure it’s ready to offer the same degree of dependability. Although repairs and installations should always be left to a trained professional, there are simple steps you can take to make sure your heating system is working properly:
1. Make sure your thermostat is set at least 10 degrees higher than the actual room temperature.
2. Check that your emergency switch is in the “on” position. Keep in mind, there may be two: one at the stairs and one at the furnace or boiler.
3. Listen carefully, as within a few minutes your heating equipment should turn on.
4. If it doesn’t, check your electrical panel for tripped breakers and blown fuses.
5. If that doesn’t work, press the reset button on the burner’s relay once and only once.
If after taking these steps your heating system still doesn’t start, contact your trusted heating oil dealer to take a look at the situation.
HEAT USA dealers know what it takes to keep your system running at peak efficiency and how to troubleshoot any problem it may face. Become a HEAT USA member today and find out for yourself! Contact us or call (888) 432-8872 today to find out more.